Software Release Train Engineer
Attainia is embarking on its next phase of growth after establishing a leadership position in Capital Lifecycle Management software for the healthcare industry. Attainia has built an impressive list of clients including hospital systems, facilitators, GPO’s, and a supplier network that contains the largest number of products in a single catalog. Attainia is now building upon our past successes to help our clients reimagine their healthcare processes and to transform their businesses through the solutions Attainia provides today and into the future.
The Software Release Train Engineer will own the Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects, and programs. Where necessary you will provide tools and services to help Product Management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
- Leadership – Coordinates cross-functional teams to execute and manage software release/delivery initiatives
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams at different locations
- Listens and supports teams in problem identification and decision-making
- Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourages collaboration between teams
- Process Management – Implements and manages release processes for code through development, test, and production environments
- Collaborates with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their environments.
- Engages R&D management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments
- Leads efforts defining the strategic direction for release management tools for R&D to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in
- Manages risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Escalates and tracks impediments
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinates release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Project management – Clearly scope and track projects, develops and assigns workstreams, maintains a steady pace, and ensures reliable delivery; influences and negotiates high impact projects or high-cost expenditures and manages the execution of them
- Manages projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
- Forecasts and plans the release windows and cycles
- Negotiates, plans, and manages all release activities
- Works with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key stakeholders
- Continually works toward making improvements in the release process
- Leads and co-ordinates the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Influence – Collaborates positively with project stakeholders to secure support and implement recommendations in a fast-paced environment
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Participates in meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Support other corporate strategy responsibilities as needed, including strategic planning, market research, mergers and acquisitions, and competitor benchmarking
- Other duties as assigned
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform essential duties may be considered.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles)
- Formal training in project management practices
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge of continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) process
- SCRUM Certification a plus
- Experienced in both lean and agile methodologies, familiarity with Jira, Confluence
- General PC/Mac knowledge including Microsoft Office
- Work under pressure and meet constantly changing timelines
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
Work Environments/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal office environment
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time; jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including computer, telephone, copy, and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
Please send resumes to email@example.com