Quality Assurance Engineer
Attainia is embarking on its next phase of growth after establishing a leadership position in Capital Lifecycle Management software for the healthcare industry. Attainia has built an impressive list of clients including hospital systems, facilitators, GPO’s and a supplier network that contains the largest number of products in a single catalog. Attainia is now building upon our past successes to help our clients reimagine their healthcare processes and to transform their businesses through the solutions Attainia provides today and into the future.
The Quality Assurance Engineer participates as member of the Quality Assurance (QA) team to ensure that software released into the production environment meets customer requirements as well as advanced quality assurance standards. This role contributes and improves processes across the QA, Product and Engineering teams. Responsibility includes designing and managing both automated and manual test cases for the application. Gathering key information from product stakeholders as well as development tools (Jira) will be of utmost importance. Testing new features and functionality manually and via automation as well as identifying root cause of issues for prompt resolution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
- Ability to evaluate product requirements for testability as presented in Jira ticketing system and provide feedback for improvement
- Performs automated testing of Python/Selenium test scripts for web using Python related IDE
- Performs manual testing of the Attainia application through web browser and utilizes the Chrome in-browser developer tools for greater insight.
- Identify and record bugs as found accurately and concisely
- Prioritizes automated test execution based on risk, priority, and acceptance criteria as dictated by Product and the engineers own judgment.
- Provides estimates for creation and execution of manual and automated test cases for the application.
- Performs root cause analysis against the application to identify areas in need of improvement.
- Building behavior driven development test scenarios (BDD) through the Gherkin method for automated test scenarios.
- Works as part of the Quality Assurance team to ensure products delivered meet customer requirements and expectations as outlined in User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Performs other duties as assigned
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform essential duties may be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant tech experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance automation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or IT discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years developing Selenium test automation preferred
- Strong scripting knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with Performance and/or Security testing a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a non-confrontational manner
- Ability to contribute and adhere to process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential
- Ability to maintain professional image and work environment
- Ability to work under both close and minimal direction from management
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and follow through on work
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of manual testing processes and practices
Work Environments/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal office environment
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time; jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including computer, telephone, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org