QA Automation Engineer
Attainia is a rapidly growing Healthcare Software-as-a-Service business responsible for facilitating over $80B in medical capital expenditures. We provide a best-in-class, SaaS platform for enterprise asset managers, planners, and their constituents in the medical and construction industries. Attainia’s software touches all facets of the complex project planning and budgeting process—resulting in an improved & efficient supply chain. Our mission is to provide software applications and business intelligence to help create and maintain the most modern, capable, and cost-efficient healthcare facilities for clinicians and patients.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer role sits within the Engineering function and plays a key part in testing the Attainia web and mobile applications. The position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and works closely with the Scrum Master to define strategy and process, bringing automation in-line with the existing functional aspects of the test effort. This position is responsible for the design and development of automated testing using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices (CI/CD). This position will be responsible for the creation, execution, and maintenance of automated scripts. In addition, the position is responsible for creating metrics and increasing test coverage using automated systems.
- Develop the overall architecture and implementation of our testing harness.
- Perform integrations within the CI/CD system.
- Take responsibility for application outcomes. Identify performance and usability bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement; provide recommendations to act on them.
- Review requirements, specifications, technical design documents, and participate in product design discussions.
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback concerning functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Design automated tests to validate Attainia applications by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically.
- Determine priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Create and analyze bug reports and highlight problems to help identify fixes. Deliver regular reports identifying bugs to other members of the engineering team.
- Analyze systems to identify potential quality issues that could affect applications.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to find the best methods for solving problems in apps and systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Competencies & Abilities
- Keen sense of curiosity and the passion for creating world-class applications with a proven track record of shipping great designs and communicating strategy that meets user needs, product requirements, and business goals.
- Ability to grasp the essence of complex design problems and user pain-points, and translate them into practical, easy-to-understand, coherent solutions.
- Ability to accept and design against feedback from leadership in a rapid, iterative process, and effectively produce multiple highly-polished and professionally finished works under tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong solutions mindset and approach to difficult technical problems.
- Extensive experience using Selenium or similar web browser automated testing tools, especially regarding the nuances of doing so against a Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Familiarity with the Flux Design Pattern, specifically Redux.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Experience testing within a SaaS platform using SOA and microservice concepts, Web/RESTful Services, message queues, and caching.
- Experience working in a team setting using source control technologies (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Experience with SQL (e.g. Postgres databases).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years in an engineer test role as part of an agile product development function, preferred.
- At least 5 years working with Kanban or Scrum-centered methodology and tools (e.g., JIRA), preferred.
Please send resumes to email@example.com