Full Stack Software Engineer – Python & Vue (Preferred)
Attainia is a rapidly growing Healthcare Software-as-a-Service business responsible for facilitating over $80B in medical capital expenditures. We provide a best-in-class, SaaS platform for enterprise asset managers, planners, and their constituents in the medical and construction industries. Attainia’s software touches all facets of the complex project planning and budgeting process—resulting in an improved & efficient supply chain. Our mission is to provide software applications and business intelligence to help create and maintain the most modern, capable, and cost-efficient healthcare facilities for clinicians and patients. Attainia is now building upon our past successes to help our clients reimagine their healthcare processes and to transform their businesses through the solutions Attainia provides today and into the future.
You are self-driven, results-oriented, solutions-minded and work well in a team. You have exemplary communication and leadership skills. You have delivered world-class software applications aimed at an enterprise SaaS marketplace using a cloud-first technology stack. You are engaged as a problem-solver and can offer innovative solutions to complex processing challenges. You are familiar with an event-driven, container-based, microservices architecture, preferably within the context of Amazon Web Services (AWS). You are passionate about the impact you make, for both customers and your teammates, and you seek to become a vital part of a collaborative and agile team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop innovative, efficient, and elegant features features for our industry-leading SaaS application. Develop, rinse, iterate.
- Architect solutions designed to scale. Research technologies/designs, perform tradeoff analysis, recommend solutions, and build those solutions.
- Develop the overall architecture and implementation of web frameworks, front and back-end interfaces, APIs, etc. in conjunction with your team members. Perform integration between the frontend and backend.
- Translate UX/UI design wireframes into code for visual elements of the application; participate in UX/UI design process as needed.
- Implement a robust set of containerized services; create RESTful APIs.
- Assist with the debugging, deployment, operation, and maintenance of existing and new code in stage and production environments.
- Review code / merge requests, lead code review sessions, give insightful recommendations, and maintain exemplary code standards.
- Work closely with your team to understand requirements, breakdown work, develop multi-generational implementation plans, and execute on those plans. You will be writing and pointing stories for development.
- Take responsibility for application outcomes. Identify performance and usability bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement; provide recommendations to act on them.
- Provide mentorship and support to team members around best practices, architecture and design patterns.
- Optimize frameworks for speed, scalability, and flexibility.
- Implement solutions using standard security and data privacy protection methods.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to manage usage of cloud environments, including database administration and scaling applications to support load changes. Understand the fundamentals of cloud design principles behind scalable applications.
- Create database schemas that represent and support common business processes.
- Develop data migration, transformation, and scripting code.
Competencies & Abilities
- Be a thoughtful do-er. It’s not enough to be insightful; regularly get your hands dirty with a can-do attitude.
- Research, experiment, and collect data. Find out the answer to questions by being a data-driven empiricist. Prototype and be able to make the case for your recommendations.
- Collaborate, pair, and extreme program with your peers. Fill white-boards with next-generation architecture and solutions.
- Be flexible. Be willing to throw something away, take it back out of the trash can, and crumple it back up again as we learn more about the solution space.
- Keep learning and be intellectually curious. Technology is a race and we need marathon runners here.
- Be humble and be able to admit you don’t know. This is a team effort and sometimes more brains on a problem are the answer. Sometimes we’re walking a path with no known answers.
- Own your solution from soup to nuts to tailing a log on the production server.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math; or commensurate work experience.
- Experience writing server applications in an Object Oriented language (e.g. python, Java).
- Experience with SOA, microservices concepts, & Web/RESTful Services
- Mastery of Vue.js and its principles or equivalent frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Experience with front-end development tools including NPM, Webpack, and Babel.
- Experience with modern virtualization/containerization technologies (e.g. Vagrant, Docker).
- Experience with SQL (e.g. Postgres databases).
- Experience hitting the command line & remoting into multiple systems to troubleshoot problems.
- Experience working in a team setting using source control technologies (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Experience using testing frameworks (unit, integration, functional).
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- At least three year of professional experience writing multi-tenant, SaaS solutions with a event-driven microservices architecture. Additional brownie points if it was PaaS or IaaS.
- Experience with full-stack web application development: everything between AJAX calls to web service implementations to designing data models and accessing databases).
- Extensive Python 3 experience including deep knowledge of Django and Django Rest Framework.
- Experience using enterprise level design patterns and technologies like caching (e.g. Memcached, Redis), message queues (e.g. ActiveMQ, Kafka, SQS), and non-relational databases (i.e. NoSQL, e.g. Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB),
- Experience with cloud architectures (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Experience working with cross-functional, agile teams.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org