Full Stack Software Engineer – Python & React
Attainia is a rapidly growing Healthcare Software-as-a-Service business responsible for facilitating over $80B in medical capital expenditures. We provide a best-in-class, SaaS platform for enterprise asset managers, planners, and their constituents in the medical and construction industries. Attainia’s software touches all facets of the complex project planning and budgeting process—resulting in an improved & efficient supply chain. Our mission is to provide software applications and business intelligence to help create and maintain the most modern, capable, and cost-efficient healthcare facilities for clinicians and patients.
You are self-driven, results-oriented, solutions-minded and work well in a team. You have exemplary communication and leadership skills. You have delivered world-class software applications aimed at an enterprise SaaS marketplace using a cloud-first technology stack. You are engaged as a problem-solver and can offer innovative solutions to complex processing challenges. You are familiar with an event-driven, container-based, microservices architecture, preferably within the context of Amazon Web Services (AWS). You are passionate about the impact you make, for both customers and your teammates, and you seek to become a vital part of a collaborative and agile team.
Job Summary (What you will be doing)
- Design and develop innovative, efficient, and elegant features for our industry-leading SaaS application.
- Architect solutions designed to scale. Research technologies/designs, perform tradeoff analysis, recommend solutions, and build those solutions.
- Develop the overall architecture and implementation of web frameworks, front and back-end interfaces, APIs, etc. in conjunction with your team members. Perform integration between the frontend and backend.
- Translate UX/UI design wireframes into code for visual elements of the application; participate in UX/UI design process as needed.
- Implement a robust set of containerized services; create RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Assist with the debugging, deployment, operation, and maintenance of existing and new code in stage and production environments.
- Review code / merge requests, lead code review sessions, give insightful recommendations, and maintain exemplary code standards.
- Work closely with your team to understand requirements, breakdown work, develop multi-generational implementation plans, and execute on those plans. You will be writing and pointing stories for development.
- Take responsibility for application outcomes. Identify performance and usability bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement; provide recommendations to act on them.
- Provide mentorship and support to team members around best practices, architecture, and design patterns.
- Build reusable code and libraries leverageable across the company and by your teammates.
- Optimize frameworks for speed, scalability, and flexibility.
- Implement solutions using standard security and data privacy protection methods.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to manage usage of cloud environments, including database administration and scaling applications to support load changes. Understand the fundamentals of cloud design principles behind scalable applications.
- Create database schemas that represent and support common business processes.
- Develop data migration, transformation, and scripting code.
Competencies & Abilities
- Enduring curiosity and the passion for creating world-class applications with a proven track record of shipping great designs and communicating strategy that meets user needs, product requirements, and business goals.
- Ability to grasp the essence of complex design problems and user pain-points, and translate them into practical, easy-to-understand, coherent solutions.
- Ability to accept and design against feedback from leadership in a rapid, iterative process, and effectively produce multiple highly-polished and professionally finished works under tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Strong solutions mindset and approach to difficult technical problems.
- Extensive Python 3 experience including deep knowledge of Django and the Django Rest Framework.
- Experience with SOA and microservices concepts, Web/RESTful Services, messages queues, caching, and Event-Driven Architecture.
- Mastery of React.js and its principles.
- Familiarity with the Flux Design Pattern, specifically Redux.
- Familiarity with functional paradigms and tools in the React.js ecosystem including the creation of stateless components and the use of libraries like Lodash (Ramda or Underscore).
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS.
- Experience with front-end development tools including NPM, Webpack, and Babel.
- Experience with modern virtualization/containerization technologies (e.g. Docker).
- Experience working in a team setting using source control technologies (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Experience using testing frameworks (unit, integration, functional).
- Experience with SQL (e.g. Postgres databases).
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math; or commensurate work experience.
- At least 5 years in a full stack development role as part of an agile product development function.
- At least 5 years working with Kanban or Scrum-centered methodology and tools (e.g., JIRA).
Please send resumes to email@example.com