Reports to: Director, Infrastructure
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Attainia is embarking on its next phase of growth after establishing a leadership position in Capital Lifecycle Management software for the healthcare industry. Attainia has built an impressive list of clients including hospital systems, facilitators, GPO’s and a supplier network that contains the largest number of products in a single catalog. Attainia is now building upon our past successes to help our clients reimagine their healthcare processes and to transform their businesses through the solutions Attainia provides today and into the future.
The DevOps Engineer professional is responsible for the company’s production technology environment and responsible for monitoring and maintaining its uptime based on company SLA’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
- Manages and coordinates all production environment matters including data, security, compliance and performance
- Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specifications
- Trouble-shoots and solves problems related to hardware, software, and network issues
- Researches and recommends acquisition of hardware and software solutions for organization
- Monitors system utilization and performance, implements procedures for environment optimization, reliability, and availability
- Identifies problematic areas and implements strategic solutions for trouble-shooting escalated technical issues on an as needed basis
- Responsible for testing and issue resolution of internal system
- Designs and programs automation scripts for systems monitoring and systems deployment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform essential duties may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or math; or commensurate work experience.
- Professional Systems Administration experience managing complex and distributed infrastructures, including both system and networking hardware.
- A robust understanding of DevOps principles, concepts, solutions, and design methodologies.
- Experience with AWS and its myriad of services, including, but not limited to: EC2, ECS, RDS (PostgreSQL, MySQL), S3, & CloudFormation.
- An understanding of CI/CD, orchestration, IaaS, PaaS, and similar modern technologies and concepts.
- Experience with networking protocols, topology, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- An understanding of Containers, Docker, and related concepts.
- Second-nature familiarity with the terminal, the linux platform, and *nix-based infrastructures.
- Comfortable with Bash and/or Python scripting
- Comfortable with Ansible or similar configuration management tools
- Comfortable with Git source control
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in a DevOps or IT environment for 4-6+ years
- Be a problem solver and critical thinker
- Think analytically and be research-oriented
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information
- Effectively manage time
- Manage projects
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal office environment
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time; jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including computer, telephone, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
Please send resumes to email@example.com