PLAN-IT | PROJECT: State of the Union Roadmap Update
We’ve had a busy and exciting year rolling out our PLAN-IT | PROJECT application. With features being constantly added to the platform, we wanted to take a moment to revisit our product roadmap and review which features are already live — and which are coming soon.
A Note About Our Approach to Development
As our users know, we are following an iterative development approach — which means, our users are working in the application and giving feedback while our product team continues to develop and release features. Feedback is critical to our success, and experiences of medical equipment planning professionals working in the application and in the field are at the core of our product decisions.
Further, a significant consideration when building a next generation platform is creating a scalable foundation so that new features can be added seamlessly. Our development team has been working intently with this goal in mind – which means an exciting future for our platform as we set the stage to continue to innovate and adapt the platform to fit our users’ needs.
Features That Are Live in PLAN-IT | PROJECT
The Attainia product and engineering teams have been working rapidly to bring this robust new platform to parity with our legacy 2.0 PLAN platform. To that goal, the team has already released many of the core features in PLAN-IT that had been available in the legacy platform, as well as additional enhancements.
- Custom reporting. PLAN-IT | PROJECT has enhanced reporting capabilities that allow users to customize and save variations of existing Attainia reports, as well as create their own reports. These configured reports can be shared or saved for personal use. Additionally, the application now retains all reports for a project which can be deleted, as well as the ability to share any report with others via email through the application. Users can also review whether or not shared reports have been opened by the recipient.
- History tracking / history reporting. History for all adds/edits is now available for all project objects (project, building, level, department, room, items). Users can see items within the item detail, and all others are available at the project level. History reporting now includes an add, delete, update (ADU) report that allows you to see all the edits in a single row for each item in your project based on filters and date ranges. There is also the ability to enable change notes so changes for key actions can be solicited from users. Change notes are not only visible within the history tables in the application, but also on reports. Read more about the ADU report here.
- Budgets / points in time. Enhanced feature functionality includes capturing project budget details by both points in time, and changes to the stage (previously “status” in the 2.0 legacy platform) of an item. Users have the option to select multiple stages for which they want to capture a budgetary point in time based on item stage changes, instead of just on “released.” Enhancements also include visibility to graphical representations of the variations of project budget(s) over time. Additionally, users are no longer dependent on manually creating a “milestone,” and can schedule them to run systematically every 7 to 365 days. Read more about the Point In Time feature here.
- Custom Fields. Baseline selections are added as custom fields. Enhancements include “true” custom fields that allow you to create nine (9) different field types that can be placed anywhere in your project and in multiple locations for a single field. These are named and managed by the project owner/manager. There are options for both org and project scope fields. An organization can create a “mandatory” field that will show on all projects, whereas project scope fields will only show for that project. These project fields can be copied to other projects as well. Extensible fields are managed by an organization admin to ensure synergy between all projects for aggregation purposes. Additionally, there is an increased number of fields that are “extensible” (ability to add on to Attainia drop down lists) for capturing any “other” undefined options.
- Resources. Training guides, training videos, and “walk-throughs” are available by viewing the options made available through clicking the “?”.
Features that are Coming Soon
Looking into the last half of 2021, the team will focus on taking the remainder of our product roadmap to completion. This includes:
- Admin tab, including user/admin management
- Template enhancements, including template resources, copy/clone, template search and filter, and more
- Contracts, including Attainia and owner contract administration, contract and group buy view and management, supplier contracts, and category contracts
- Catalog features, including catalog favorites and product compare
- Options and accessories
- And more
Watch for Future Product Update Announcements
Ongoing feature release updates will continue to be announced in our newsletter, via email blasts, in blog posts and in feature release webinars hosted by the client success team. Additionally, users can always contact their Attainia customer success manager for more details about any release, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.