How a Digital Catalog Is Like a Year-Round Trade Show — or Better
With trade shows unexpectedly canceled this year, are you suddenly rethinking your entire medical device product sales and marketing strategy? How can you continue to get in front of healthcare customers and showcase your products — when your customers are stuck at home?
If you haven’t already, now is the time to make the leap to a digital catalog, using a service like Attainia. Aside from being an extremely cost-effective solution, listing your products in a digital catalog can help you reach an entirely new audience — and reach them year-round — and offer you benefits far beyond the typical trade show and paper catalog format.
Here is how a digital catalog can work like a year-round trade show for you — or even better:
- Reach new customers. A digital catalog has the potential to reach many more viewers than several annual (expensive) trade show displays – for many reasons. Some professionals greatly prefer researching products online, and may choose to shop with a competitor simply because they offer a digital catalog. Also, you may gain referrals. With a digital catalog format, your customers can easily share product information with their professional networks and on social media – and may drive traffic back to your products.
- Share detailed information about your products. Think of your digital product listings as an enhanced trade show display. There’s no limit to the amount of product information you can share: documentation, images, MEP information, white papers, spec sheets, case studies, REVIT families and more. With access to more detailed information and the ability to more easily search through and compare products, customers may be more likely to try a new product rather than stick with what they are familiar with. This is especially helpful for professionals who are making purchasing decisions across a wide range of product types — the more information they can have at their fingertips, the more confident they can feel about their purchasing decisions.
- Gain year-round coverage. A digital catalog has no start or end date. You gain maximum coverage year-round to prospect, engage customers, and display your products, without the limits of booth space.
- Launch new products to your customers anytime. New products can be instantly added to your digital catalog, rather than waiting until the next big trade show to debut a new offering.
The Digital Catalog Advantage: Understand Your Market Positioning with Analytics
One benefit to a digital catalog that no trade show or paper catalog can offer you: comprehensive analytics that enable you to see how your products are performing. The Attainia supplier program provides you the data you need to track customer engagement around your products accurately. With a trade show and paper catalog format, you’ll get a record of final sales — but no information on other customer behavior.
Similar to Google Analytics or most other e-commerce offerings, Attainia supplier members will get detailed reports on their products’ performance, including:
- Which products are getting the most views
- Which products are under-performing
- How customers interact with product listings before deciding whether or not to buy.
With more than 20,000 monthly platform users in more than 1,100 hospitals, Attainia delivers an instantly-accessible, integrated catalog of 67,000 SKUs and 5,800 product categories. This strong community means a built-in base of professionals who will have access to your products when you switch to a digital catalog using Attainia.
Contact me at David.Newton@attainia.com if you’re ready to make a change!